Our Centre of Excellence’s Innovation Advisory Board, or IAB, is designed to review and comment on our Innovation Plan, which adapts as we progress. They also review our IP Registry, assess the impact of our activities, and advise on innovation, collaboration, dissemination, exploitation and our incubator activities.
The IAB is made up of a number of invited members, currently from across Europe and America, and each Board member will be present at a subset of the IAB meetings, depending on availability. Attendance is to be face-to-face only, and the aim is to have these meetings at least once per year, at or around our annual All Hands Meetings.
The membership of the Board is not closed and we are interested in recommendations for new members, from both within and without CompBioMed. You may propose yourself if you are interested in joining.
To date, our IAB have had two meetings: UCL, London, 30 May 2017, and UvA, Amsterdam, 27 March, 2018. The meetings were attended by board members from both SME Partners and externals. Both meetings provided several high-grade suggested changes. The suggestions from the 1st IAB meeting have already been considered by the CompBioMed General Assembly and have been actioned accordingly including, for instance, the creation of a user forum on this website. The second IAB meeting’s minutes and suggestions are currently being circulated and will be discussed by the CompBioMed General Assembly soon.
The IAB members are as follows:
- Mark Parsons – University of Edinburgh
- Paul Best – CBK SciCon
- Philippe Bijlenga – Geneva University Hospitals
- Mike Bodkin – EvoTec
- Brendan Bouffler – Amazon AWS
- Enrico Gianluca Caiani – Politecnico di Milano
- Francesc Carreras – Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
- David Filgueiras – The Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (CNIC)
- Malcolm Finlay – NHS and UCL
- Neil Chue Hong 0 Software Sustainability Institute
- Mahmood Mirza – Neuravi Ireland
- Ana Paula Narata – Tours Hosptial
- Mark Palmer – Medtronic
- Frits Prinzen – Maastricht University
- Brad Sherborne – MERCK, US
- Sarah Skerratt – Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Stanford University, Oxford
- Derek Sweeney – CadFem Ireland
- Kenji Takeda – Microsoft Azure
If you are interested in the work of the Innovation Advisory Board, or would like to become a member, please complete the form below.