Container Technologies in Cloud and High Performance Computing Research and Commercial Applications
Eulerzaal – Amsterdam Science Park Conference centre; Amsterdam (NL)
The use of container technologies for scientific applications is growing every day thanks to the evolution of the cloud computing landscape and the rapid development of tools for efficient deployment and scaling of services. Containerisation is now beginning to impact the world of high performance computing (HPC) in a major way. These technologies also support the portability and reproducibility of the results, which are essential for addressing many scientific problems and industrial applications, including the burgeoning field of biomedicine.
In this meeting we will gather together computational services developers and users from academia, industry and healthcare sectors to discuss the most recent advances in container technology, cybersecurity and related services. We will focus on the use of these technologies in computational modelling and their integration within HPC and cloud computing infrastructures.
The meeting will involve presentations of diverse applications and services arising in academic, industrial and clinical contexts.
- David Godlove, Sylabs Inc.
- Timothy Randles, Los Alamos National Lab
- Hamid Arabnejad, University of Brunel
- Björn Backeberg, EGI
- Phil Bates, Oracle
- Alexandre Bonvin, Utrecht University
- Marian Bubak, AGH University of Science and Technology
- Peter Coveney, University College London
- Joao Damas, Acellera
- Jorge Gomes, LIP
- Mariano Vazquez, Barcelona Supercomputing Centre
- Reginald Cushing, University of Amsterdam
- Andrew Lahiff, UKAEA
- Kenneth Hoste, Ghent University
- Alexandar Mechev, Leiden University
- Charles Laughton, University of Nottingham
- Marco Verdicchio, SURFsara, Chair
- Peter Coveney, UCL
- Mariano Vazquez, BSC
- Emily Lumley, UCL
The Amsterdam Science Park Congress Center is located at the Amsterdam Science Park 125, next to the CWI main building.
- How to get to Science Park by car
- How to get to Science Park by public transportation
- Amsterdam Science Park map (pdf)
- Suggested hotels